Saturday, July 30, 2011

More drinking, more drinking... for research purposes

A vendor left us some bottles last night, to take home and "sample the merchandise." Mmmm, yes-yes-yes. One of the fringe benefits of being in this industry, there's always something to drink, and yes, we do a lot of drinking. We have to. We must know our product.
There are exceptions. I've never had an Non Alcoholic beer before. Why would I? I like alcohol. The more the merrier. But on a weekly basis, I'll always field a question of which N.A. beer is the best and which one do I prefer. Hmmm, that's a tough one. They're all so good.

And I'm not a fan of the sweet, hide-the-alcohol-taste, fruity, wine coolers. Someone the other day asked me how the Smirnoff Ice Raspberry Burst flavor tasted. I blankly stared at the person, never personally having a taste of any Smirnoff Ice product, let alone the raspberry, and shrugged my shoulders.
"I've never had one. Raspberry-ish, I guess."
"Do you not drink?" The person asked in a snarky tone.
How am I supposed to reply to that? Yes, the first thing I do after a long, hard day of working, is pop open a sweet, raspberry bursting Smirnoff Ice. Yeah, that hits the spot.
No, just like the song, I'll take one bourbon, one scotch, one beer.

Anyway, we had some good wine last night, and revisited my favorite drinking wine at the present moment, the Calera Pinot Noir '08. Damn, that is some good shit. Whooo. Smooth as the velvet-tongued devil whispering in you ear. The small production Calera winery is one of our favorite California go to's. The supple fruit falls ever so gently on your tongue, caressing your mouth with seductive sweet cherry and strawberry jam flavors. Ah, just so tasty. Another night of good drinking with my wonderful co-pilot in life.



The glass enclosure of Calera. Very cool. Perfect seal and no worries over cork taint.














Cheers,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment